Objection and appeal procedure
Take action against a decision by the tax authorities
+31 (0)35 628 57 53
Start objection procedure if a decision of the tax authorities raises questions
Have you received a tax fine or tax assessment that you think is incorrect? And would you like to rectify this? Our tax experts and lawyers will let you know whether starting an objection procedure is worthwhile. They will represent your interests in complex tax matters.
Our promises to you
Contact within 1 working day
Objection and appeal pays off if you do it right
Everyone makes mistakes from time to time. The tax authorities are no exception. If this happens, it is up to you to object. This takes time and energy. But based on the facts, we maintain that it pays off. Since 2000, hundreds of clients have asked us to help them with their objection procedure. Our success ratio is over 85%.
What to watch out for when lodging an objection against a tax assessment or fine
To give you an idea of what our specialists look for, we have listed 7 important points below.
1. Distinguish between assumptions, opinions and facts. What works is with the facts remain and make your point firmly
2. Case law will make your case stronger. Research whether there have already been rulings in similar situations and refer
into this. Our specialists find out such info through a case law database and also look at pending cases such as
that is relevant.
3. Always file your objection on time. Is the required information not available? In this situation, we always submit a pro
forma objection. In it, we indicate that substantive reasoning follows.
4. It's nicer to keep your money with you, rather than having to get it back later. That's why we automatically request deferred payment
for the amount you disagree with.
5. Did you know that you are most likely entitled to a (fixed) expense reimbursement? You have to ask for this, of course.
6. We always ask to be heard during the objection procedure. In addition, we ask to see the documents. We have
for example, could have a fine set aside because notes showed that the tax authorities had made a mistake.
7. Do you receive an assessment, additional assessment or penalty because the Tax Office deviates from a previously taken position? Then check
Whether reliance is violated. Be sure to provide evidence of this as well.
Appeal procedure after (partial) rejection of objection
Being right is no guarantee of being right. If your objection is rejected, we will discuss with you the chances of an appeal to the tax court in your situation. If you decide to lodge an appeal, you should know that you can also count on us during this process.
This is how we support divorce
This is our working method
The convenience of all relevant knowledge under 1 roof
Facts and figures about Habermehl
Over 1,000 individuals and businesses rely on us for tax advice
Customers rate our services with a:
4.7 out of 5 (source: Google)
Quality guaranteed: we are a member of the Dutch Association of Tax Advisers
Continuing education through PAOB, the Postgraduate Education in Tax Science
Habermehl works together with
Contact us directly
You can reach us at (035) 628 5753 or email@example.com. Do you prefer us to contact you? Fill in your details and we will contact you as soon as possible.